2/22/2022

ALTENEW: EASY DIE-CUTTING TECHNIQUES, FINAL PROJECT

Die-cutting can be so fun!  I forgot just how fun!!  

I created two different cards for this class' final project.  I used these Altenew stamp & die sets: Warm Heart (Penguin) stamp set & die and Wild & Free stamp set & die.  I've used dies before but never to create dimension or a background in this latest class.  Have a look!

On this penguin card, I wanted to add something to the background, so I pulled out my cloud stencil and used Salvaged Patina distress oxide ink and mini blending tool to create a cloudy sky.  Then I used white pearl paint and added some splatters with a small paintbrush.  I then stamped the penguins on white cardstock and adhered it to the grey card base.  Then I took the cloudy sky layer and used double-sided foam tape to give it some dimension.  It came out soooo cute!
For this wild & free card, I used the flower dies included in the die cutting set and positioned them on white cardstock to cut out the various shapes.  I had to do this several times to create a background for my sentiment to sit on.  After cutting everything out, I used Altenew's Woven Stencil and Spun Sugar distress oxide ink and a mini blending tool to create another dimension to the background.  Then I adhered it to a piece of white glitter cardstock and then onto a plaid printed cardstock.  Finished it off with some matching sequins and liquid pearls.
Now onto my next class...

Please leave a comment by clicking on the post title.  A comment box will open up at the bottom of the post.  Thanks and have a great day!  💖


1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

These are fun and gorgeous! Super fab work!
Thank you so much for sharing.

Post a Comment