2/13/2022

ALTENEW: ALL ABOUT LAYERING 2, FINAL PROJECTS

Here are my final cards for the All About Layering 2 Altenew course.  This course was a lot of fun because it gave me more opportunities to use their layered stamps as well as layering the actual cardstock.  I used the Peony Bouquet stamp set (again, I love this set) and inked them in another of my favorite colors: magenta and pink.

For the above card, I stamped all the images directly onto the card front.  The peony is made up of three different stamps which can be layered, making it a very versatile stamp set.  In both of these cards, I used the same ink pad color for all the layers.  After stamping the sentiment and adding some clear sparkly Stickles, the card looked like it was missing something.  So, I used a black .03 journaling pen and added some stitched lines to the edges.  Then I used a waterbrush and magenta ink pad and made a little swoosh under the sentiment.  It added just enough to balance the card out.

For my second card (below), I used the same stamp set.  Again, I stamped the images directly on the card front but this time, I layered the sentiment on white cardstock and then mounted it on pink cardstock.  The sentiment is stamped in two different ink colors.  To get this effect, I inked the top portion of the stamp in pink and then stamped the bottom half in magenta.  It gives it a nice ombre feel.  To add a little extra something, I used a Quickie Glue pen and silver prisma glitter and embellished some of the petals of the flowers to give them some sparkle.
Now onto my next class...Let It Shine

Please leave a comment by clicking on the post title.  A comment box will open up at the bottom of the post.  Thanks and have a great day!  πŸ’–

1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

Lovely colours Traci! Both the cards look beautiful. I like the additional details on them, from the faux stitching to the ombre stamped sentiment. Thanks so much for your submission!

Post a Comment