1/29/2022

BIRTHDAY HUGS

Here's another background created with alcohol inks.

A little 'background' on this background lol...I wanted to create a new header for my blog.  When I think of my favorite color combinations, I always look to blues and greens.  To me, those colors are calming and very pleasing to look at.  After applying blue and green alcohol inks to Yupo paper and adding a little bit of silver deco foil, I took a picture of it.  Thus the birth of part of my header above.  ðŸ˜‰

Now onto this card...I knew I wanted to use this birthday stamp set from CTMH (Birthday Hugs & Kisses A1247) but I didn't know how I was going to stamp it directly on the card.  I didn't want to cover any of the background, and then I thought of using vellum.  So, I stamped the image with some VersaMark and black embossing powder.

Then I had to figure out how to adhere the vellum to the background.  So I used a variety of dots and glitter gems and then used mini and small glue dots underneath them on the backside.  It worked out perfectly, the dots and gems hide everywhere I put the glue dots.


No comments:

Post a Comment