1/25/2022

ALTENEW: ALL ABOUT LAYERING 1, LESSON 1 & 2

I'm very excited to start my creative journey with Altenew Academy.  Today, I took the All About Layering 1 class.  Below are cards due for Lesson 1 & 2.

Both of the stamp sets that I used included images that were both solid and outlined.  Using acrylic blocks, it was easy to use the stamps and layer them on top of each other using different ink colors.

Supplies used:
- Altenew Stamp Sets: Peony Bouquet & Build-A-Flower: Cora Louise Peony
- Altenew Crisp Dye Inks: Lime, Fuchsia, Baby Pink


On the card above, I stamped the stems in black ink and then used Fuchsia ink to layer the flower petals directly on top of them.  Using the same technique, I randomly stamped some leafs with Lime ink.  Then, I stamped the "just for you" phrase in embossing ink onto a piece of black cardstock with white embossing powder.  I love how it pops against the pretty flower background.

For this second card, I used the large peony and stamped the outline and petal accents in Baby Pink ink.  I used the same technique to stamp the smaller flower and leaf.  When putting the card together, I added some interest by stamping two different leaf images directly onto the card front itself and then used 3-D foam tape to pop up the flowers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment