1/05/2008

Serendipity Collection - Current Heart of Winter CTMH Campaign

At long last, I figured out what I wanted to use the new Seredipity Collection on and worked on decorating a spiral notebook. It came out SO good...I'm quite pleased...haha!!

Here is a picture of what comes in the collection. You get 12 printed background and texture papers, 6 textured cardstock papers and 3 coordinating diecut textured cardstock papers. PLUS a D sized My Acrylix stamp set that totally coordinates. Its awesome!!!



After distressing, tearing, stamping, cutting, using rub-ons, liquid glass and glitter, and hole-punching, here is the finished product.
It really came out so cute...I'm so proud! Haha!!!











Close-up: I used liquid glass on all of the dotted line swirly areas. It came out cute that way but I wanted to add a little extra "kick", so I went back and re-applied alittle more liquid glass and then sprinkled glitter over it.

All the white wording I got from the current Connections Clubs rewards for this season. They are white rub-ons that show up so fantastically on colored cardstock.



Close-up: Another pic of the words. Here I wanted to point out the tearing and layering that I did. I took the chocolate cardstock and tore the edge to expose the white color inside. Then I sort of "pulled" the edges up to make it look really rough and distressed.





Close-up: For this flower, I used the diecut coordinating blue flowers in three different sizes. After stamping the petals using the stamp set that comes with the kit, I used the edge distresser and a chocolate stamp pad to distress the petal edges. Then I attached all 3 flowers together with 1 large silver brad.
Close-up: On this last pic, here is another flower where I used the other coordinating diecut flowers to make another "bloom". Just one flower wasn't enough for the cover of this notebook.
I hope you enjoyed these pictures. This altered notebook was so much fun to create. It took me about 3 hours one night while watching tv. And then another couple hours to go back, liquid glass and glitter, wait for drying time and re-assemble the spiral part of the notebook. It was a ton of fun to make and well worth the time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment