I enjoyed this class because I got to break out my alcohol markers and do some coloring! I created two different cards using my markers and lots of other techniques. Using markers is a fantastic and fun way to add color to your stamped images. They're another perfect tool for blending colors and creating shadows and shading easily. Here's how I made them...
Thank You card:
- With a piece of vellum, I randomly stamped and embossed the leaf stamp from Lush Garden. On the backside, I used Alpine Green Blend alcohol marker. From the front, it looks like stained glass. And then I backed it with green cardstock.
- I stamped, colored and die cut two floral images from this same stamp set.
- I used the same color marker to draw to border around the green cardstock/vellum piece that I placed in the center of the card.
- I used a thank you stamp and first + second generation stamped it as a secondary border next to the marker lines. HINT: instead of stamping the words with the same intensity ink, I stamped the words and then stamped them again (without re-inking) to provide some interest.
- I created a soft background, using baby pink and warm sunshine dye-inks, on a confetti stencil.
- I then stamped and die cut multiple images from the Way Too Sweet stamp set.
- I colored the images with various colors of alcohol markers, making sure to add some shadows to each cupcake and ice cream scoop.
- HINT: to add interest on the colored images, use a white gel pen to create shine and/or use a quickie glue pen+prisma glitter for sparkle






No comments:
Post a Comment