4/18/2022

ALTENEW: SEASONAL SCENE BUILDING, FINAL PROJECT

This was a Level 1 class that I was really looking forward to watching.  I purposefully saved it for last.  I sometimes get stumped when it comes to creating "scenes" on my cards.  But this class showed me how easy it could be.

On this card, I practiced the masking technique.  One of the videos that I watched emphasized how to create a scene using multiple images and then masking off the images that you want in the foreground.  It sounds easier said than done but with practice, I got the hang of it.  I created this cupcake scene and knew I wanted the little candies and big sentiment in front of all the other images.  So, I stamped those images first and then stamped them again on some masking tape.  I cut the images out of the masking tape and placed them over the stamped images on the card front.  Then I went about stamping the rest of the images.  After all the stamping was complete, I peeled off the masked images and, voila, the candies and big center sentiment look like they were stamped on top of the rest of the images.  It's a pretty cool technique!

I stamped the sentiment on white cardstock and trimmed it down, backed it with black cardstock to create a nice banner and then raised it up with foam tape.
Please leave a comment by clicking on the post title.  A comment box will open up at the bottom of the post.  Thanks and have a great day!  💖

1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

OMG!! This is the sweetest card!! I love this!!

Post a Comment